Scarborough Environmental Group is a non-profit organisation comprising of like-minded individuals who support the vision to preserve Scarborough and maintain the Scarborough environment in its natural pristine state.
Scarborough comprises a unique environment surrounded by the Table Mountain National Park and bordering on a World Heritage site. The SEG aims to act as custodians of this unique environment worth preserving for present and future generations.
The SEG is an open, public organisation, and we welcome any dedicated residents, visitors, nature lovers to join and help secure Scarborough as a piece of unspoilt paradise.
Scarborough Environmental Group is actively seeking solutions to reduce our environmental impacts, share this knowledge with our community and encourage fellow eco-warriors to live more lightly and less violently on our planet.
Our Goals for 2021!
• Establish a herb garden
• Develop educational walks
• Branch out and connect with our neighbours
• Build more partnerships (example Green Pop)
• Host and create more events to create awareness and to educate
• Increase Airbnb/visitors awareness
• Carry on with alien tree clearing
• Wetland protection
• Beautify both entrances to the village
• Continue dune rehabilitation
• Sort out toilet at beach
• Take educational projects to the next level
• More art in the village
• Adopt a verge movement
• Re-establish a lift club
• Increase the number of events at the centre (exemple clothing exchange)
• Establish a Tool share space
• Incorporate community centre into "the space"
• Grow more food
Please click through to view our Income statement for the past financial year ending 30 September 2020. Many thanks to all our supporters who have donated generously and supported our growth! Seeds continue to germinate and we are growing! Please continue to support us - details of how to get involved on this page.